Friday, August 14, 2009

Is that juice or pee? Poop or pudding? You smell it...I refuse..

This is a question that is frequently asked in my house...every day..I know, I know, I live a charmed life. Considering 50% of Harry's diet is pudding, and the only thing Cameron wants to drink is white grape juice, this truly is a valid question...Is that juice sprinkled all over the toilet seat...or pee? Well considering it IS a toilet seat, best to just assume it's pee (however, Cameron has been known to be oddly fascinated by the sight of his juice dribbling, and is a confirmed juice dribbler unto various other places in the house - including the toilet seat). So by that premise, it could be either...but the real question, is that brown streak running down the length of the hallway...pudding (Dear God, let it be)..or poop? Again, history has allowed me to think it could be either...this question transcends the hallway and bathroom however, to an unlimited amount of places in the home. Sheets, towels, clothing, furniture, carpet & tile floors alike, door ways, door jambs, table tops, counter tops, and my personal favorite - the pool deck (which could occasionally be called the poop deck). Yes, at some point in my day I will inevitably ask myself, or whomever is within earshot, is that food or excrement?? (In keeping with this line of questioning, "What the hell did I just step in?!?! is another acceptable substitution for the daily question). I am considering sending my washer, dryer and little green machine on an all expense paid trip to somewhere tropical, as they could surely use the break...and yes, I own a pressure washer too!

3 comments:

  1. Hey don't let the Steam machine miss out on that trip (it keeps us "semi" sanitary)and deserves some kudos.
    So let me share with you how I was prompted to break out the little green machine (golly I Love that thing!). The prompting was that the couch cushions needing moved OUT of my way of the washing machine, which needs to be busy doing the 3 beds worth of sheets that had to be changed this 'morning' (for those of you who know our sleep schedule right now, "morning" is 4 pm). The bed where Harry napped this morning did NOT have a sheet protector, darn it. This is enough to prove worthy of a fresh full chamber of cleaning solution and HOT HOT H2O, for that extra clean feeling. I grabbed the little green machine, cushions and into the bedroom I went. All excrement mentioned above have been lifted from said articles and believe me they were ALL there. And since I was still energetic I brought the machine to Chairy (our beloved iJoy massage chair). She has been subject to yogurt smears and is directly in my line of vision .. it is high time I don't see those yogurt smears anymore. I will now brag that, she looks NEW again! Ah gotta appreciate the "clean" especially knowing it won't be that way for long! Harry is napping again so possibly the clean will last for more than 10 seconds. Hi-5, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie knows that it's BAD when I go to check out "what it is", if I turn to her and say "this one is for YOU !" I usually say it with a smile and she "smiles" back as if 'thanks' is in order! Yeah, No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha. I stumbled over this journal, and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've got a five year old boy whose favorite snack is pudding, and I've found mysterious brown marks basically anywhere where one would be able to find them. It's an exciting process to live with sons. And I'm also cleaning the crap out of my house for the fall. It's always good to have a clean, fresh feeling before school starts.

    ReplyDelete