Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saint Me...

I often get told by my friends and family, hell, even strangers who learn of my life situation, that I am a saint; a champion; that there is a special place in heaven for me...often times I feel anxious to go and check that place out...sounds pretty frickin' nice...I bet it's quiet at least. Many of you have told me that you couldn't "do what I do"...those of you who are parents must surely realize there is no choice. Understand my staunch supporters, I play the hand I was dealt...like you, I would never choose this way of life for myself...most days, if only in my mind, I scream, and cry and feel completely selfish thoughts... I have said many times, if the front door is left open for longer than 3 seconds, I experience the "deer caught in the headlights" moment; where I envision myself running through that open door, as far and as fast as I can...shoe less, bra less, shit, I don't care; Run Jackie Run! Alas, I was raised to be a far more responsible person than to allow myself to be consumed by selfishness or self pity. Thanks Mom and Dad...I say this with both serious love and sarcasm!

2 comments:

  1. Well, then you're doing better than me. I devoted a whole chapter in my book to my escape. I ran my car through the yard just to get away from my husband. It wasn't one of my finer moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, well once I sat on the hood of our car to prevent my husband from escaping...and I was screaming and crying...and pregnant..(which is probably why I was screaming and crying to begin with!) agreeing (with my neighbors) that it was not one of my finer moments either...Sometimes can't you understand why the divorce rate for autistic parents is better than 80%...sweet lord, I have 2 autistics...how 'bout them odds??

    ReplyDelete