Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Manic Mommy...or is it maniac, maniacal maybe...

My name, though not so important, is Jackie...my mission however is; survival. I am a 40 year old, mother of 3 beautiful children. My sons, aged 9 and 4 are autistic; my 5 year old daughter is as typical as they come. I like to say that our hands and hearts are always full; I like to say it because it sounds nice. How I feel, often times, is just the opposite. Yes, full hands and hearts, but not always with the love I make reference to by that statement...our hands are full of tantrums, frustrations, puzzle solving, tears, messes, red tape, sympathetic stares, sleepless nights, urine and fecal smearing; I could go on but you probably get my point. Other important things to know about me before reading on, I have a deep love for profanity and sarcasm...if you don't get me, you won't love me...just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Hummmm....you actually want me to post a comment on this? Wellll....lemme think....Look at how sweet Harry is, adorable and cuddly...innocent looking too. See, he's reading the toilet paper.
    How bad can he be??? He wants you to explain to him how to use it..then..where to put it after. Must be consistent Mom, he forgets. Yuk...consistency, yep, thats Harry. Ever think of super glue?? Hardwood floors work better for clean-ups also....
    This is enough action for me....I'm shy ya know.
    I'll comment my comments later on....
    Love Aunt Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love, love, love, love the fact that you started a blog. You're a hoot.

    I added you to my autism blog list. If you decide to do one of these on your page, I'd be honored if you'd add mine. Hint. :)

    ReplyDelete